Jochem Sanders is a respected Dutch photographer with a deep love for craftmanship.
Both in his photography and his woodworking designs. With his profound understanding of shape and dimensions and the capacity to deliver within a short time frame, Jochem is a true catch. So, looking for a photographic eye or customized furniture with that perfect fit? Jochem Sanders will nail it. So to speak.
Jochem: "As a child I always wanted to become an architect or psychologist. Then I fell in love with Photography. For over 15 years now, I enjoy taking photographs of people and places, both commissioned and uncommissioned.
A while ago I discovered an old love in a new form: carpentry. Over the last year I have been spending part of my time designing and making furniture. Growing up I always thought one has to choose one thing in life. More and more I learn that different interests can only make each other stronger. And myself more complete."
Editorial clients (selection):
ADAC Magazine, Code Magazine, Elle, Esquire, Glamcult, Visionaire, Vrij Nederland
Commercial clients (selection):
Accenture, Akzo Nobel, Antoine Peters, Dent de Man, Guess Jeans, Galet, Heineken,
Holland Casino, John Galliano Parfums, K Karl Lagerfeld, Marlies Dekkers, MTV,
NN Group, Nike, Nivea, Reebok, Starbucks, Vodafone, Welter Shelter
Personal work is part of several private and corporate collections
- (Un)colored - a selection, Galerie Serieuze Zaken @ Kunstrai Amsterdam, NL
- The Returns - The Whole Series, Galerie Nasty Alice, Eindhoven, NL
- (Un)colored, A Midsummer Night's Dream, KYAS Art Salon, Amsterdam, NL (solo)
- The Returns - The Whole Series, Galerie Serieuze Zaken @ Kunstrai Amsterdam, NL
- The Returns - TheWhole Series, Meneer Malasch @ Rotterdam Contemporary, NL
- Rotterdam Backgrounds, Kaoru Yamamoto Art Salon @ Rotterdam Contemporary NL
- Denim Portraits, Bckspace Amsterdam, NL
- American Backgrounds, KYAS Art Salon, Amsterdam, NL
- Backgrounds, Galet Flagship Store, Paris, FR
- Colored - A Slide Selection, Kaoru Yamamoto Art Salon, Amsterdam, NL
- American Backgrounds, Houston Fine Art Fair, Houston, TX, USA
- The Returns, Hel Ved Gallery at Melkweg Gallery, Amsterdam, NL
- Celebrate Work, Melkweg Gallery, Amsterdam, NL
- American Backgrounds, Hel Ved Gallery at Urban Spree Gallery, Berlin, DE
- Denim Portraits, Amsterdam Denim Days, Amsterdam, NL (solo)
- American Backgrounds, Hel Ved Gallery, Amsterdam, NL